I call today’s dish “Evil Mother-In-Law Corn Casserole”. Oh no, not because the MIL (who kindly shared this recipe) is evil (wink-wink); but because it has a stick of Butter in it!
This is as simple and unhealthy as it could go, But… er… so good!
Well, if you are scared of the “B“-word, here is my little secret: you can skip it all together… You will hear a little less “Wow”-s and “Ah”-s, but it still comes out quite edible.
EVIL MOTHER-IN-LAW CORN CASSEROLE
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package dry corn bread mix (Jiffy)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F , and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, eggs, corn bread mix, whole and creamed corn and sour cream. Spoon mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown