Broccoli Goat Cheese Pizza

For the longest time this Russian mom’s dictionary listed “healthy pizza” as an example of the word “oxymoron”. Well, the assumption flopped  when I found Christina at De La Casa, who redirected me to The Healthy Foodie, who shared this amazing whole wheat pizza dough recipe.

The bad news – this crust is pretty time-consuming.  The great news – it could be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen for future use!

Print this recipe

BROCCOLI GOAT CHEESE PIZZA

INGREDIENTS:

TOPPING:

• 1 tbs olive oil
  • 2 bunches of broccoli, cut into small chunks
  • 1/4 onion, peeled, and thinly sliced
  • 4 tbs goat cheese
  • 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 tsp dry oregano flakes

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven (with a pizza stone inside) to 500° F/260° C.Roll the pizza dough, place the dough on the pizza slide or on the pizza pan. Drizzle it with olive oil.  Top the pizza with broccoli, onion, and goat cheese. Press the garlic over the broccoli.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with oregano.

Bake for about 10 min.

Healthy pizza!

I was busy with this pizza when my son called: “Mama, pitcher, pitcher”.  When I grabbed my camera and walked into the living room, where the duo was playing, they were already striking a pose… for the pitcher… pitcher…

Hence, along with the pizza photos, you got to bear my little but very chic models as well…

38 comments

1. mealtimemayhem says:

Looks deeelish. If you want a quicker dough recipe, I posted a whole wheat and flax dough recipe on my blog. Using quick-rise yeast, it’s ready in 20 minutes!

2. barbaraelka says:

I feel such an underachiever…I cannot cook but since my teen years I would look at recipes and cook a feast in my mind.
    Love pizza and your photos look really great.

• Anastasia says:

Well, the best case scenario – they would try a crust… My kids wouldn’t eat pizza even if it looked absolutely unhealthy :-( The only way we can make them it vegetables, is in a smoothie form…

3. sportsattitudes says:

Broccoli deserves more respect as a pizza topping. I just had some perfectly steamed last evening and it was so good. Love the goat cheese and garlic…and of course, the whole wheat base. Pizza can be healthy…you just have to commit to making it so!

4. ns says:

Thanks for the visit to my blog, Anastasia and for the like! I like this pizza here!
    –Natalia

5. ns says:

Thanks for the visit to my blog, Anastasia, and for the like! I like this pizza here!
    –Natalia

6. bellacorea says:

ohhhhhh it looks so amazing! I should try it!! My favorite pizza is tomato sauce, some anchovies and fresh mozzarella! I can’t wait! Thank you for sharing!

7. Pat Tanner says:

I was oohing and aahing over the pizza until I got to the real glamour shots – your adorable kids! It’s nice to know they’ll grow up eating good stuff like this.